Gemini, the cryptocurrency exchange and custodian founded by the Winklevoss brothers, has launched the Gemini Credit Card offering cryptocurrency rewards.
- The company said the introduction of the credit card has been accelerated with the acquisition of the fintech startup Blockrize and will be made available to U.S. citizens in all states.
- According to Gemini, the card will work like a traditional card and will be widely accepted where major cards are accepted and the rewards will be automatically deposited into a cardholder’s Gemini account.
- Using the Blockrize rewards program, cardholders will be able to earn up to 3% back in bitcoin (BTC, +10.85%), or other cryptocurrencies, on every purchase they make with the Gemini Credit Card, said the firm.
- Gemini said it has opened the Gemini Credit Card waitlist which allows its current customers, and those already on the Blockrize waitlist, with early access to the credit card.
- “The Gemini Credit Card will make it easier for any consumer to invest in bitcoin and other cryptos without changing their existing behavior, “ said Tyler Winklevoss, CEO of Gemini.