* WARNING -Protect yourself
Scammers are getting increasingly sophisticated in their attempts to get your Bitcoin. Be alert and protect yourself from being scammed by following our tips.
* Be alert to the fact that scams exist. When dealing with contacts from people or businesses, whether it’s over the phone, by mail, email, in person or on a social networking site, always consider the possibility that the approach may be a scam.
* Always deal with a lawyer or broker/realtor. They are educated on the complex laws and regulations that affect a real estate transaction and can give you advice to help ensure your interests are protected.
* Know who you’re dealing with. If you’ve only ever met someone online or are unsure of the legitimacy of a business, take some time to do a bit more research. Do a Google image search on photos or search the internet for others who may have had dealings with them.
* Do not open suspicious texts, pop-up windows or email attachments– delete them: If unsure, verify the identity of the contact through an independent source such as a phone book or online search. Don’t use the contact details provided in the message sent to you.
* Keep your personal details secure. Do not give out banking or personal info. Keep your passwords and pin numbers in a safe place. Be very careful about how much personal information you share with potential buyers.